Sibson Manor is steeped in history, this distinctive property occupies an enviable position in the heart of the quiet quintessential village of Sibson. A substantial, impressive period home being beautifully presented and offering extensive, versatile accommodation, arguably one of the finest period homes in Leicestershire and the wider area.General Description
- Alexanders of Market Bosworth are privileged with instructions to market Sibson Manor, arguably one of the finest period homes in Leicestershire and the wider area. Steeped in history, this distinctive property occupies an enviable position in the heart of the quiet quintessential village of Sibson, just 3.5 miles from the historic Market Bosworth.
The property represents a very special opportunity to acquire a substantial, impressive period home being beautifully presented and offering extensive, versatile accommodation.
Boasting a magnificent Georgian facade, this exceptional residence is part Georgian and part Tudor with parts that date from 1200's - 1400s. Set behind manicured front gardens with a gated driveway access to the side and stone steps up to the main front door.
The plot extends to circa 0.7 of an acre to include outstanding private south facing formal gardens with further landscaped gardens to the side and rear.
Internally the property has been comprehensively and sympathetically refurbished with no expense spared throughout the duration of our clients' ownership and presented in excellent order both structurally and aesthetically.Sibson Manor
- The main living accommodation extends to over 5608 square feet (521 square metres) across three floors. Set out over the ground, first and second floors is a wealth of beautifully appointed living space that flows comfortably from the impressive entrance hall.
The impressive entrance hall provides access to two formal reception rooms and stairs to a spacious first floor landing and extensive cellarage. In total there are six bedrooms, four bathroom suites, a designated dressing room, with six reception areas including two elegant drawing rooms both with open fireplaces and stunning four zoned family living kitchen with large utility area. The kitchen comes complete with Rangemaster fridge/freezer, professional 110 range cooker and drinks fridge opening into the spacious orangery link dining area to the garden/ games room finished in stunning high quality oak provided by Prime Oak. The family room benefits from a Faber remote controlled gas fire and a piazzetta multi fuel burner is situated in the garden room.
Beyond the family room boasting bespoke bifold doors out onto the rear courtyard garden there is a large games room, currently housing a full size snooker table, boot room, additional second fully fitted kitchen, contemporary shower room and stairs rising to a further sitting room and large bedroom. Ideal for guest accommodation or those looking to seek multigenerational living.Gardens And Grounds
- The property is accessed via a generous 150ft gravelled driveway leading up to the main house, giving access to a single garage and secondary gated drive with extra parking to the rear and access for the carport, stables, and stores.
The gardens and grounds wrap around the Manor, being beautifully manicured and with expansive lawns interspersed with mature trees including an array of shrubs which provide year-round interest with contrasting shapes, colour, and foliage.
Accessed via the garden room and boot room, is an expansive decked seating area boasting both a southerly and westerly aspect with elevated views across the gardens.Garaging, Outbuildings And Stores
- The property benefits from circa 3000sqft of useful outbuildings, including three previous stable blocks, covered carport and useful two store areas, and large loft area. All offering further scope to convert into further usable space subject to any necessary planning consents.Situation
- Sibson Manor offers that much sought-after and perfect compromise between rural living and easy access for commuters. The village provide an excellent selection of country pubs with both the Millers and The Cock in walking distance of the property.
There is a train service from nearby Nuneaton to London Euston taking approximately 1 hour and 4 minutes. The property is also well located for travelling by car with Birmingham and Nuneaton in one direction, or Leicester and Nottingham in the other.
A local farmers' market is held every month in the much favoured character market town of Market Bosworth, offering a broad range of independent shops, pubs and eateries and superb recreational and sporting opportunities within the area.
There is an unrivalled selection of both public and state schools in the area, including The Dixie Grammar School in Market Bosworth, nearby Twycross House School and Repton School, amongst many others.Distances
- Leicester 17 miles, Nottingham 33 miles, Birmingham 24 miles, East Midlands Airport 21 miles, Birmingham Airport 22 miles, Nuneaton Train Station 6 miles (all distances are approximate).Viewings
- Viewing strictly by appointment only via sole selling agent, Alexanders of Market Bosworth (01455) 291471.Tenure
- Freehold.Local Authority
- Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council, Hinckley Hub, Rugby, Hinckley Leics, LE10 0FR (Tel: 01455 238141). Council Tax Band G.Measurements
- Every care has been taken to reflect the true dimensions of this property, but they should be treated as approximate and for general guidance only.