A substantial and charming detached cottage in a plot of circa 1.2 of an acre. The grounds are made up of formal gardens, a large gated gravel driveway and a paddock. The property has been sympathetically extended and renovated, making for comfortable living space filled with character. There is a detached garage and stable block.General Description
- Tollgate Cottage is a warm and inviting four bedroom detached period home. The property has been sympathetically extended and renovated, making for comfortable living space filled with character. The exposed brickwork and beams make for cosy reception areas, and the open-plan kitchen and dining room is the perfect addition for a modern lifestyle. There is also a beautiful family room with glazed apex elevation having bi-fold doors leading out onto the gardens.
The property is set in a plot of just over 1.2 of an acre. The grounds are made up of two areas of formal gardens, and a separate 0.75 acre paddock. The driveway is to the right hand side of the property with newly fitted electrically operated timber gates leading to a detached garage, large gravel parking area, stable block and paddock. The land lends itself well to a small holding.Location
- Tollgate Cottage is nestled in countryside between the sought-after villages of Carlton and Osbaston, with excellent road links to Leicester, Hinckley, Nuneaton and Birmingham.
The sought-after historic town of Market Bosworth is within 3 miles of the property providing an assortment of amenities including independent shops and coffee shops, a weekly market and monthly farmers market. The villages around Market Bosworth provide an array of lovely country pubs/restaurants and there is excellent local schooling. The area also has an excellent reputation for its schooling, both state and private, including The Dixie Grammar School and The Market Bosworth School; an Ofsted 'outstanding' school.Accommodation
- The property retains much of its original character through its floor area of circa 2,900 square feet.
The accommodation comprises: porch, dining hall with beams to ceiling and wood burning stove with exposed brick fireplace. The dining hall has stairs rising to first floor and opening through to the country kitchen. This bright and airy space has a secondary hall giving useful access to a cloakroom and utility room. There is also a door through to the sitting room with second log burner and internal double doors through to the family room; having a glazed apex elevation and two sets of bi-fold doors leading onto the gardens. The space has been thoughtfully designed to enhance the beautiful views to the rear of the property.
Upstairs and accessed via a spacious landing are four double bedrooms and the family bathroom. The main bedroom benefits from en-suite facilities.Gardens And Grounds
- The front gardens are set behind a mature hedgerow to the right of the driveway. Beautifully landscaped and laid mainly to lawn with mature borders, pond and decking.
The rear formal gardens are fenced and also laid mainly to lawn with a large seating terrace directly to the rear of the property. There is access to the 0.75 acre paddock, which is fully fenced to surround, via the gravel parking area. The stable block comprises of three large stables and a store room.Disctances
- Market Bosworth 3 miles, Leicester 13 miles, Birmingham 30 miles, Nottingham 29 miles, East Midlands Airport 15 miles, Birmingham Airport 27 miles, Nuneaton Train Station 12 miles (Nuneaton - London Euston from 59 minutes, Nuneaton - Birmingham from 29 minutes).Tenure
- FreeholdLocal Authority
- Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council, Hinckley Hub, Rugby, Hinckley Leics, LE10 0FR (Tel: 01455 238141). Council Tax Band E.General Note
- Measurements: Every care has been taken to reflect the true dimensions of this property but they should be treated as approximate and for general guidance only. OS Map: The Plans within these particulars are based on Ordnance Survey data and are provided for reference only.