A truly special, appealing Grade-II listed, period home retaining an abundance of original features and character set in a large, enclosed plot with the extremely rare provision of a large private driveway with automated gated access, a double garage with electric powered doors. Situated in this favoured part of town and allowing easy walking access into the town centre in just a few minutes.General Description
- Alexanders of Loughborough are delighted to offer to the market this truly special, appealing Grade-II listed, period home retaining an abundance of original features and character set in a large, enclosed plot with the extremely rare provision of a large private driveway with automated gated access, a double garage with electric powered doors. Situated in this favoured part of town and allowing easy walking access into the town centre in just a few minutes.
The internal accommodation extends to circa 2500 square feet and is presented in beautiful decorative order with each room presented in its own considered style featuring an array of tasteful, modern hues and tones complemented by a passionately executed specification which cleverly blends period grandeur with contemporary trends.
Offering spacious, balanced living accommodation that flows superbly with a wealth of features including open fireplaces, decorative cornice, beamed ceilings, latched doors, and original windows.
The property has benefitted from carefully considered additions in recent years to maximise use of space and highlight the endless period charm throughout, both internally and externally.Gardens And Grounds
- Externally the property as previously stated is accessed by it owns private, automated gates which open into a spacious block paved driveway giving off road parking for several cars in addition to ample turning space. An enclosed brick wall boundary gives both security and privacy. The planted borders and various colour soften the welcoming entrance which enjoys a southerly aspect. There is a double garage with up and over door.
A garden gate through the boundary wall from the driveway leads into the large almost 'secret' walled garden which takes full advantage of the south facing aspect with a truly charming garden enjoying a good degree of privacy, ideal for hosting and summer dining with a shaped lawn, interspersed with flag stone pathways, dedicated borders and beds providing superb interest and a variety of shrubs and plants. There is a lean-to modern greenhouse, dedicated seating area, ornamental pond, purpose-built BBQ area with custom built bar facility and established trellised plants delivering a unique space which is a special asset of the property.Agents Note
- A truly special property, a very rare opportunity indeed in this location, with such character and impressive accommodation yet within such close proximity to the town centre and boasting its very own gated, secure driveway and walled garden... unrepeatable and a must view!Accommodation Summary
- Ground floor (Front door): Entrance hallway, kitchen, breakfast room, utility, living room, dining room, garden room, cloakroom/w.c., spacious office/ study, basement.
First floor: large landing, four double bedrooms, master bathroom, separate w.c. / wash basin, further shower room with w.c.Location
- The property is situated heading North on Meadow Lane on the left-hand side before you reach the Nottingham Road junction. Positioned within the heart of the 'Old Town' of Loughborough and within close proximity to All Saints Church, it is also only a few minutes walk into the main town centre and its array of amenities.Viewings
- Viewing strictly by appointment only via sole selling agent, Alexanders of Loughborough (01509) 861222.Tenure
- Freehold.Local Authority
- Charnwood Borough Council, Southfields, Loughborough, Leics, LE11 2TU (Tel: 01509 263151). Council Tax Band E.Services
- We are advised that mains gas, electricity, water, and drainage are connected, and gas fired central heating via a modern combination boiler.Measurements
- Every care has been taken to reflect the true dimensions of this property, but they should be treated as approximate and for general guidance only.Money Laundering
- Where an offer is successfully put forward, we are obliged by law to ask the prospective purchaser for confirmation of their identity. This will include production of their passport or driving licence and recent utility bill to prove residence. This evidence will be required prior to solicitors being instructed.