Offered to the market with NO UPWARD CHAIN a delightful period cottage, in the pretty village of Hose. The property boasts 2 good sized double bedrooms, shaker style kitchen with integrated appliances and formal sitting room with wood burner fire, along with a wealth of period features. Perfectly situated with open countryside walks on the doorstep and within walking distance of the village pub.General Description
- Alexanders offer to the market, with no upward chain, this delightful period cottage in the heart of the pretty village of Hose. The property offers generous proportions and light living space, blended with original period features. Within a short walk is the local pub and there are lovely walks through open countryside from the doorstep.
This beautiful period cottage boasts a wealth of period charm and character to include a pantile roof, timber porch, original exposed beams, fireplaces and a working wood burning stove in the sitting room. In all the living accommodation extends over two floors to 762 square feet.
Upstairs, from a landing set out as a study area, are two good sized double bedrooms and stunning contemporary four piece bathroom with roll top bath and separate shower. The main downstairs accommodation includes a formal sitting room with working wood burning stove and large open plan living/kitchen, boasting a range of eye and base level shaker style units with built in appliances fitted in a country style.
There is a stable style door to the front and an area immediately in front of the cottage that is in full sunlight and could be used as an outside courtyard. The cottage forms one of three homes in a terrace and to the right-hand side of the row is a useful brick store that is owned by the property.Location
- Hose is a quintessentially English village settlement positioned in the Vale of Belvoir, 6 miles from the market town of Melton Mowbray. Within easy reach is the market town of Grantham (rail access to London in 1 hour) and the bustling city of Nottingham. Access to Loughborough and Leicester is also within easy reach.
The village has a regular bus service, public house, village hall and associated playing fields. There is a real community feel and a lovely mix of housing stock. The village has excellent school catchments and there is a range of good private schooling options locally, including Ratcliffe College.Accommodation
- 4.17m x 4.70m (13'8 x 15'5) - Sitting Room
- 3.45m x 4.70m (11'4 x 15'5) - First Floor
- Bedroom One
- 3.68m x 3.81m (max) (12'1 x 12'6 (max)) - Bedroom Two
- 3.96m x 3.05m (max) (13'0 x 10'0 (max)) - Bathroom
- 1.52m x 2.87m (5'0 x 9'5) - Viewings
- Viewing strictly by appointment only via sole selling agent, Alexanders of Melton Mowbray (01664) 896332.Tenure
- Freehold.Local Authority
- Melton Borough Council, Parkside, Station Approach, Burton Street, Melton Mowbray, Leics, LE13 1GH (Tel: 01664 502502). Council Tax Band BMeasurements
- Every care has been taken to reflect the true dimensions of this property, but they should be treated as approximate and for general guidance only.