A delightful SIX DOUBLE bedroomed modern house with SOUTH-FACING gardens and a detached DOUBLE GARAGE in this pretty village setting. The property is of a traditional design constructed in stone and brick. There is an L-shaped kitchen and dining room and a separate boot room, as well as two reception rooms and a home office.General Description
- Cresswell House is a fine stone and brick detached property constructed in 2006 by a well-known local firm as an individual family home, in the picturesque and quintessentially English village of Goadby Marwood. The property has been constructed to an exacting standard and includes specification such as wet piped underfloor heating, high quality double glazing, a flue lined chimney and a beautiful and in-keeping stone façade. The property features a private block paved driveway, detached double garage and mature, beautiful south-facing gardens to the rear.Location
- Goadby Marwood is a beautiful village settlement situated 6 miles north of the Leicestershire market town of Melton Mowbray, bordered by the Vale of Belvoir to the North and Rutland to the south. The village is steeped in local history and benefits from a local bus service and pop-up pub in the village hall. Nearby Waltham on the Wolds has a good range of amenities including an outstanding primary school, public house and post office. Wider access is excellent via the A607, motorway and rail network and there is a choice of excellent local schooling easily accessible.Cresswell House
- The main house is presented in excellent condition throughout, with living accommodation extending to circa 2,949 square feet laid across three floors (including a detached double garage). The accommodation comprises: a spacious entrance hall, snug/music room, home office, drawing room, w.c, boot room and an 'L' shaped shaker style kitchen/diner, with direct garden access via French patio doors.
A spacious first floor landing gives rise to stairs that extend to the second floor. In total there are six double bedrooms, two independent family bathrooms, an airing cupboard and large loft store. Of note, is the principal bedroom suite, positioned to the rear of the first floor, with views across the private gardens and separate dressing room and en-suite facilities.Gardens And Grounds
- The property occupies a peaceful position in the heart of the village. Set behind a low-level wall there are low-maintenance front gardens and a gated gravel driveway to the right hand side with off-road parking for multiple vehicles behind which sits a detached double garage with power, lighting and electrically operable up and over doors.
The rear gardens are matured and full of interest, with a seating terrace to the rear of the property and central lawns. Expect to find well stocked and mature borders, a rockery and a plethora of producing orchard type plants including Fig, Cherry, Raspberry, Damson, Blueberry, Pear, Apple and Rhubarb.Distances
- Melton Mowbray 6 miles, Grantham 12 miles, Oakham 14 miles, Nottingham 20 miles, East Midlands Airport 26 miles, John Fernley College 5 miles, Ratcliffe College 16 miles, Oakham School 15 miles, Uppingham School 20 miles, Stamford Endowed Schools 24 miles (distances and timescales are approximate).Viewing
- Viewing strictly by appointment only via sole selling agent, Alexanders of Melton Mowbray (01664) 896332.Tenure
- Freehold.Local Auhtority
- Melton Borough Council, Parkside, Station Approach, Burton Street, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 1GH. Telephone: 01664 502502. Council Tax Band G.Measurements
- Every care has been taken to reflect the true dimensions of this property but they should be treated as approximate and for general guidance only.