Alexanders of Melton Mowbray offer to the market this interesting, semi-detached period property situated in the centre of the village on the corner of Cross Street. Boasting a generously sized plot and now ripe for modernisation, improvement and possible redevelopment (STPP)General Description
- Alexanders of Melton Mowbray offer to the market this interesting, semi-detached period property situated in the centre of the village on the corner of Cross Street.
Boasting a generously sized plot and now ripe for modernisation, improvement and possible redevelopment (STP) the property has been in the same family ownership for over 65 years.
Internally, the nicely proportioned accommodation benefits from plenty of natural light and offers a wealth of original features including two open fireplaces, beamed ceiling to sitting room and original walk-in pantry in the living/breakfast kitchen.
With an entrance porch/cloakroom, large living/breakfast kitchen, walk in pantry, dining/family room, sitting room and rear hallway on the ground floor and spacious landing, three double bedrooms and bathroom on the first floor there is the distinct feeling of space.
To the front of the property is a garden area and front door, and to the side a pedestrian gate leading to the rear garden and rear door.
Outside the property's double gates there is a fenced gravel area which provides a right of way access for a vehicle into the rear of the property. It should be noted this fenced gravel area needs to be kept clear as it is for access purposes only.Location
- Gaddesby is an attractive, desirable village which enjoys peaceful surroundings, open countryside yet with all the convenience of transport links and amenities close by.
There is a village primary school and pre-school, Great Dalby School is only ten minutes away by car.
Commuters are well served for travel to nearby Melton Mowbray, Loughborough, Nottingham and the city of Leicester just 8 miles away. All with easy access to arterial road and rail links including the M1 and A46. The East Midlands Airport is only a 25 mile drive away.
Enjoy supper out at one of a number of local pubs, including The Cheney Arms in the village whose food comes well recommended.Accommodation
- Visually imposing the property occupies a broad frontage on Cross Street, with access via the pedestrian gate or via the double gates to the western boundary as detailed earlier. Via the rear door you access entrance porch/ cloak/boot room which leads into the breakfast/living kitchen and walk in pantry. From the kitchen, is the good sized dining room or family room with open fireplace which leads via a small rear hallway into the sitting room with heavily beamed ceiling and another open fireplace.
There is another small rear hallway off the dining room where the front door opens into and the staircase rises to the spacious landing area leading to the three double bedrooms and family bathroom.The Outside
- The property enjoys a generous size plot which comprises of a large lawned area with patio and access to the rear of the property. Useful brick outhouses, consisting of an outside laundry/store, gardeners w.c and good-sized studio ideal for storage or conversion to an office. There is sufficient space for parking a vehicle within this area as detailed earlier.Tenure
- FreeholdLocal Authority
- Melton Borough Council, Parkside, Station Approach, Burton Street, Melton Mowbray, Leics, LE13 1GH (Tel: 01664 502502). Council Tax Band E.Measurements
- Every care has been taken to reflect the true dimensions of this property, but they should be treated as approximate and for general guidance only.