An idyllic Grade II listed country cottage quietly situated in the heart of the popular and historic village of Elmesthorpe, featuring spacious lounge/diner, separate breakfast kitchen, utility room, ground floor cloakroom, three bedrooms and family bathroom. It also benefits from beautiful mature landscaped gardens, off road parking and a detached garage.General Description
- Alexanders of Market Bosworth are pleased with the instruction of this idyllic country cottage quietly situated in the heart of the popular and historic village of Elmesthorpe, set back from Station Road behind a generous lawned front garden and tarmac driveway with space for up to four vehicles. The property is accessed off the Roundhills and provides ample space to the side of the property, with a single garage and garden path to the rear.
This charming Grade II listed Cottage was Commissioned in 1896 century by the 2nd Earl of Lovelace grandson of the almost legendary Lord Byron, the renowned architect C.F.A Voysey was given the brief to construct the very epitome of the quintessential English cottage of rendered brick construction under a slate roof, with double glazed timber framed windows.
The accommodation briefly comprises; Entrance porch, large through lounge/ diner with a feature natural stone fireplace surround and multi fuel stove inset, a good-sized kitchen/ dining room with separate utility room and WC. Upstairs expect to find the family bathroom, two double bedrooms and a single bedroom.
The grounds are generous in size, with ample space to the front and side. The rear gardens are laid mostly to lawn with three seating areas, large summer house and well stocked boarders to surround.Location
- The highly regarded village of Elmesthorpe offers a public house in the village and more comprehensive amenities in neighbouring Earl Shilton and Hinckley. Elmesthorpe is well located for access to the motorway network via junction 2 on the M69 and is also within easy reach of Leicester.Accommodation
- Entrance Hall
- Lounge / Diner
- 4.14m x 6.63m max (13'7 x 21'9 max) - Kitchen
- 2.87m x 3.23m max (9'5 x 10'7 max) - Dining Room
- 1.73m x 2.92m max (5'8 x 9'7 max) - Utility Room
- 1.73m x 1.65m (5'8 x 5'5) - W.C.
- First Floor
- Bedroom One
- 3.23m x 3.15m max (10'7 x 10'4 max) - Bedroom Two
- 2.90m x 3.15m max (9'6 x 10'4 max) - Bedroom Three
- 1.63m x 2.79m (5'4 x 9'2 ) - Bathroom
- Viewing strictly by appointment only via sole selling agent, Alexanders of Market Bosworth (01455) 291471.Tenure
- Freehold.Local Authority
- Blaby District Council, Council Offices, Desford Road, Narborough, Leicester, LE19 2EP (Tel: 0116 2750555). Council Tax Band B.Measurements
- Every care has been taken to reflect the true dimensions of this property, but they should be treated as approximate and for general guidance only.Money Laundering
- Where an offer is successfully put forward, we are obliged by law to ask the prospective purchaser for confirmation of their identity. This will include production of their passport or driving licence and recent utility bill to prove residence. This evidence will be required prior to solicitors being instructed.