A wonderful, Grade-II Listed detached four bedroom period home. This unique home occupies an elevated position in the ever popular village of Appleby Magna, boasting a plot of circa 2 acres with rolling views across the Leicestershire countryside.General Description
- Welcome to Hill House; A wonderful, Grade-II Listed detached four bedroom period home.
This unique home occupies an elevated position situated at the peak of Top Street in the ever popular village of Appleby Magna, boasting a plot of circa 2 acres with rolling views across the Leicestershire countryside.The Location
- Appleby Magna occupies a most accessible location positioned within 1 mile of Junction 11 of the M42. The village is within half an hours drive of both Tamworth (9 miles) and Birmingham (24 miles), and the market towns of Ashby-de-la-Zouch (7 miles) and Market Bosworth (10 miles) are close by.
The village enjoys a thriving heartbeat with three great local pubs, The Appleby Inn, The Crown Inn and The Black Horse. There is also a village primary school. The National Forest sits close by with Hick's Lodge and Conkers Visitor Centre all within easy reach.The Accommodation
- This enchanting period home is replete with architectural character and charm; A stunning façade of red brick with black headers and stone quoins, string courses, cambered brick lintels and plain tiled roof with central ridge stack exterior. An outstanding property with a homely feel having been immaculately maintained and improved by the current owner, providing a superb family residence.
The interiors flow is warm and inviting with a deceptive internal floor area of around 2,300 square feet. The hall leads into the formal dining room and the drawing room with its superb picture windows. Through to the kitchen and breakfast room / snug, which in turn gives access to the pantry and understairs store, there is also a lavatory to the ground floor. Outbuildings provide a further laundry/utility room, boiler room and useful store.
On the second floor, there are four bedrooms comprising a single, two generous double bedrooms, a spacious principal bedroom and a four-piece family bathroom.The Grounds
- Follow the sun in the beautiful and mature grounds enjoying a great degree of privacy. The current house is set behind a brick wall with mature formal front gardens, a tarmac driveway and expansive vegetable patch to the side.
Beyond the gardens is a superb 1.8acre paddock incorporating a woodland area, with numerous useful outbuildings, including a large garage/workshop within the paddock.Viewings
- Viewing strictly by appointment only via sole selling agent, Alexanders of Ashby-de-la-Zouch (01530) 413126.Tenure
- Freehold.Local Authority
- Northwest Leicestershire District Council, Council Offices, Coalville, Leics, LE67 3FJ (Tel: 01530 454545). Council Tax Band F.
(Year 2022/2023 - £2,894.63)Measurements
- Every care has been taken to reflect the true dimensions of this property, but they should be treated as approximate and for general guidance only.